[DRBD-user] Two disk secondary and primary marked DRBD system

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Jan 28 14:38:40 CET 2013

>From what I remember from the old thread, your system is too clever for
its own good and makes the backing device unusable for you. Shame.

If you've got a complete disaster at your hands, you should take a dd
clone of your block device anyway.
Make sure to strip the drbd metadata (at the end) off of one of your
clones and use that as the basis for your rescue VM. Sure sounds easier
than convincing the system inside the VM to realize what FS is on the
device before the metadata.

HTH,
Felix