[DRBD-user] Poor fsync performance

Prater, James K. jprater at draper.com
Fri Jan 11 16:27:11 CET 2013

You will have to be careful with the Intel gear.   It works ok for most deployments but with my setup I had problems.   I deployed first with 520SRs (on two Dell R710)  and found that they enter a mode where they latch/lock up.  The would respond to pings but not send any data.  This caused all sorts of issues.    I had to use Broadcom instead,  this was a real pain since we bought 4 Intel cards, now having to buy 4 Broadcom ones.   Most of my clients use Broadcom and were working fine at 10G for the past 4 years.  DRBD for my setup supports 2 volumes that can be read/written to at a rate of 640Mbytes/sec each via network bonding.   That is with roundtrip commit (protocol C).

James