[DRBD-user] Poor fsync performance

Shaun Thomas sthomas at optionshouse.com
Fri Jan 11 15:52:55 CET 2013

On 01/11/2013 08:10 AM, Andy Dills wrote:

> Any positive recommendations on 10Gb NICs?

Intel is something of a gold standard in that area. We use them
exclusively. Stay far, far away from anything with a Broadcom chip.

A major benefit is that the 10Gb cards usually have so much bandwidth,
you can drop all of your other 1Gb interfaces and reduce cabling
slightly. We *were* using dual bonded onboard 1Gb for regular traffic,
and 10Gb for DRBD only over a crossover, but found we lost nothing by
just doing everything over the 10Gb.

Good luck!

--
Shaun Thomas