[DRBD-user] fence-peer helper broken, returned 20

Anoop anoop_mohan at geojit.com
Tue Feb 19 06:24:37 CET 2013

Hi all,
         I am new to drbd. I have the following error when try automatic
failover with heartbeat.  dopd is not working fine. Please help.

Feb 19 13:46:57 passive kernel: block drbd1: helper command:
/sbin/drbdadm fence-peer minor-1 exit code 20 (0x1400)
Feb 19 13:46:57 passive kernel: block drbd1: fence-peer helper broken,
returned 20
Feb 19 13:46:57 passive kernel: block drbd1: State change failed: Need
access to UpToDate data

Please find the drbd.conf file

#
global {
usage-count no;
}
common {
protocol C;
handlers {
outdate-peer "/usr/lib64/heartbeat/drbd-peer-outdater";
}}

resource r0 {
on active.drbd.com {
device /dev/drbd1;
disk /dev/sda3;
address 192.168.29.25:7789;
meta-disk internal;

}
on passive.drbd.com {
device /dev/drbd1;
disk /dev/sda3;
address 192.168.29.27:7789;
meta-disk internal;
}
disk {
fencing resource-only;
}
}

Thanks and Regards
Anoop Mohan

The information contained in this electronic message and its attachments
  (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential
  and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
  sender by reply e-mail and then destroy the message. Any dissemination,
  distribution, forwarding, copying, printing or disclosure, either whole
  or partial, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

  transmitted by this email.