[DRBD-user] Upgrade to 8.4.1 or 8.3.15 working..... but not!

Mark Woolfson info at woolfcomputing.com
Wed Feb 6 05:30:50 CET 2013

Thanks.  That was it.  I performed a search for drbd.conf across my root filesystem because I figured it was not reading the same configs I had.  "No resources" means it's reading something.

DRBD defaulted to /usr/local/etc from /etc.  I am running 8.4.3 on Precise now and everything seems to be humming along nicely.  I established the full set of steps and implemented them a few times on pre-production servers.  Once I locked-in the process I created a DEB package and rolled it out to my pre-production servers permanently and then production.

The steps I used were a consolidation of a number of sources on the web.  One blog post was about 90% complete; and it wasn't DRBD's instructions.  The remaining 10% took about 6 hours out of my day today. :-(  In 2 weeks I will be laughing this one off.

Regards,

Mark