[DRBD-user] DRBD and LVM meta-disk

Net Warrior netwarrior863 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 20:18:12 CEST 2013

Hi there guys.

I'have a doubt regarding meta-disk usage, I'd like to hear the
recomendations from you about that.

I've got some logical volumes ( LVM on linux ) which I want to replicate,
this is a two node configuration, I've got some oracle database partitions
and other directories containing other data.

What's not clear for me is if I have to use internal meta-disk like
/dev/sda4 or to create another lvm to hold that, some guys told me to use
one or another, but not a really answer, I know that I can use one or
another, but do not know the risks/adventages/disadventages if any.

Another thing is if there is a calculation to the size of that partition,
let say, to replicate a 100GB partition the size of the metadisk should be
X size.

Thanks for your time and support.
Regards