[DRBD-user] DRBD with CentOS in Production?

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Mon Aug 19 21:07:28 CEST 2013

Sorry for prolonging the list pollution here. But since this one was
targeted personally at me, I hope people are OK with me responding.

Also, sorry for the late reply, I took a few days off to spend with my
family.

On 08/14/2013 09:02 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Whatever you do, don't by Florian, hastexo points or whatever it's
> called.

I don't know if you're still mad that I and others on my team told you,
almost 2 years ago, that running dual-primary DRBD and OCFS2 with CMAN
on top of your own Pacemaker from git HEAD in production wasn't such a
stellar idea, but if that is the case, I'm not apologizing.

[In case anyone's wondering, all of this was discussed publicly, see
http://lists.linux-ha.org/pipermail/linux-ha/2011-November/044252.html,
Nick was never a customer of ours -- unless he used a pseudonym :) ]

> Where is that characterture anyways? Haven't seen him post any
> help on here in a while...

Is that a clever portmanteau of "character" and "caricature"? If you're
looking for the latter, that can be helped:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wcvm9zmi8g9mz5l/1j81DAK464/0202.jpg (courtesy
of Nolan Harris from EventToons, sponsored by booking.com at OSCON).

Your subsequent back-pedaling on your comment is noted.

For those of you that do wish to follow up with Nick on his weasely "I'm
not telling, but write me offlist and I'll tell you" offer, I'd
appreciate if you CC'd me.

Also, thanks to Madi for standing up for us. :)

Cheers,
Florian