[DRBD-user] drbd resync - need help :-(

Brian R. Hellman brian at linbit.com
Wed Aug 14 22:04:39 CEST 2013

Greetings,

On 08/14/2013 10:04 AM, Walter Robert Ditzler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i have 2 new host, one old one A (debian, wheezy 3.7.1, drbd 8.3.11) and a
> new one, new installed from a server crash B (debian wheezy 3.10.5, drbd
> 8.4.3).
>
> now the problem is to get the data from Host A to Host B synced again! I
> tried that:
>
> on host A
> drbdadm primary all
> drbdadm disconnect all
> drbdadm connect all
>
> on host B
> drbdadm secondary all
> drbdadm disconnect all
> drbdadm -- --discard-my-data connect all

Is this the order you did this in?  If so you need to change it to (note
the last on host A part):

on host A
drbdadm primary all
drbdadm disconnect all

on host B
drbdadm secondary all
drbdadm disconnect all
drbdadm -- --discard-my-data connect all

on host A
drbdadm connect all

> unfortunately drbd doesn't want to get connected to each other:
>
> host A
> 11:drbd_host11  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 12:drbd_host12  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 13:drbd_host13  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 14:drbd_host14  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 15:drbd_host15  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 16:drbd_host16  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 21:drbd_host21  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 22:drbd_host22  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 23:drbd_host23  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 31:drbd_host31  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 32:drbd_host32  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 33:drbd_host33  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----
> 34:drbd_host34  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----

It looks like you might be experiencing Split-Brain, which from the
steps you've taken you realize this.  I would check the logs and see if
you can figure out what caused it, then take the necessary steps to
prevent it from happening again.

Hope that helps!
Brian