[DRBD-user] DRBD with CentOS in Production?

Christian Völker chrischan at knebb.de
Wed Aug 14 16:58:49 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm planning to use DRBD in a production environment. I prefer to use
CentOS as base system.

The reason to use drbd is the synchronisation, not the high availability.

We'll have two locations connected through a 100Mbit line. On both
locations users will access the data at the same time. So I know I have
to use a cluster aware filesystem.

I'm a little bit unsure about the performance- of course it will slow
down all access to the device which might be secondary. But are there
any tweaks to improve the performance despite of the slow 100 Mbit
connection?

So questions are:
Is CentOS6 with DRBD suitable for production use?
Which filesystem is recommended? GFS? ZFS (experimental?)?

Thanks& Greetings

Christian