[DRBD-user] Dumb question regarding ""disk-barrier=no"

Prater, James K. jprater at draper.com
Thu Apr 25 15:59:52 CEST 2013

We are using RHEL 6.4 this parameter set in the global common configuration file and also on the haresources mount attributes.   The question is that I cannot change this parameter on the fly with the "mount -o remount,barrier=1".   With "tune2fs -l /dev/drbd0",  nobarrier is still enabled.    The question is, does  this parameter propagates into the EXT4 attribute stack?    Or do I have to clear it in both drbd and the mount.

Thanks,

James

James Prater
Sr.  Linux Admin