[DRBD-user] BUG: Uncatchable DRBD out-of-sync issue

Stanislav German-Evtushenko ginermail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 08:26:48 CEST 2013

Beginning is here: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/25146

Hello everybody,

Finally I think I can reproduce the issue. When it happens:

Linux kernel: 2.6.32-19-pve (based on vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab075.2.src.rpm)
DRBD Version: 8.3.13
DRBD Mode: dual primary + LVM on top of DRBD
Virtual Machine on top of LVM: Ubuntu 10.04 or 12.04
Virtual Machine hard drive: VIRTIO
Out of sync location: SWAP partition of a Virtual Machine
Notes: out of sync blocks appears not only during verification because
the issue can be reproduced even if VM is stopped during verification
time.

New out of sync blocks appears about three times a week.
If I change VIRTIO to IDE then no issues.

Best regards,
Stanislav