[DRBD-user] Uncatchable DRBD out-of-sync issue

Stanislav German-Evtushenko ginermail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 08:34:48 CEST 2013

Hi All,

No changes so far, disabling bonding didn't help. I still get out of sync
blocks from time to time.
So I have two questions:
- Can verifying process itself be the cause of "out of sync" blocks?
- Does it make any sense to disable disk-barriers and use flush instead if
we use RHEL kernel 2.6.32? I'm asking because I found this in man drbd.conf:
"Since drbd-8.4.2 disk-barrier is disabled by default because since
linux-2.6.36 (or 2.6.32 RHEL6) there is no reliable way to determine if
queuing of IO-barriers works. *Dangerous* only enable if you are told so by
one that knows for sure."

Regards,
Stanislav