[DRBD-user] incompatible after-sb-0pri settings

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Fri Sep 21 16:57:07 CEST 2012

On 09/21/2012 04:43 PM, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
>>>                 after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
>> >
>> > This is you signing up for grotesque data loss under unfortunate
>> > circumstances.
>> >
>> > I advise to never discard anything but zero-changes automatically.
> The documentation only lists the discard-zero-changes policy for
> after-sb-0pri.  Is 'consensus' what you are recommending?

Yes, exactly. Sorry about that.

> And the secondary:
>
> net {
> 	after-sb-0pri   	discard-zero-changes;
> 	after-sb-1pri   	consensus;
> 	after-sb-2pri   	disconnect _is_default;

Good.

> Apparently the primary has not loaded the configuration, but I don't
> understand why.

It's still standalone and thus doesn't have a net config yet.

I would expect drbdadm connect not to give you any more "incompatible
sb-0pri" issues now. If the error persists, I'm more or less stumped.
But please try and connect your primary once more for now.

Cheers,
Felix