[DRBD-user] What to do about read errors on the primary?

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Sep 19 10:00:46 CEST 2012

On 09/19/2012 08:53 AM, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Monday 17 September 2012 16:04:09 Alan Robertson wrote:
>> > I have read errors on the primary side, which caused the secondary to go
>> > into an "inconsistent" state.  This means that the disk which
>> > desperately needs backing up, is no longer being backed up (!).
> Sorry I misinterpreted that. Mea culpa.

I feel you. Rarely do you find trollbait that delicious ;-)

But seriously:

>> Why do you presume I'm such an idiot?

Alan, you keep firing although the above was actually Arnold conceding
that, yes, contradictory to earlier signs, you *do* understand that DRBD
and backup are different things, and that you even do take independent
backups.

No one is comparing admin endowments or questioning their peers'
intelligence or capabilities.

Thanks in advance for taking this the intended (i.e. not offensive) way.

Felix