[DRBD-user] resync after lvm snapshot merge

Mia Leung xiaozunvlg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 18:58:48 CEST 2012

Hi All:

         Think about the following scenario in two node cluster with drbd.

1.       A is primary, B is secondary,  drbd0 created on a LVM volume

2.       During  A doing quick sync to B , A is crashed

3.       The data on B is inconsistent , to keep the service running, B will
merge the LVM snapshot before start service

4.       When A rejoin the cluster, A will resync its data from node B and
discard its modified data.

As we known, on step 4 , A should do a full resync from B, because A's
bitmap is modified in step 2.

But A full sync will take us a very long time because the data size is up to
T level.  Are there any solution to do a quick sync?

Best Regards