[DRBD-user] GFS2 freezes

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Oct 31 11:21:37 CET 2012

On 10/31/2012 10:53 AM, Zohair Raza wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Right now just simulating on vmware, have to setup on real hardware later.

Well yes, VMware based fencing won't work in production then.

I'd advise to try with IPMI-enabled hardware and go from there, but do
mind the caveats as laid out by Lars.
Specifically: If your WAN link fails, chances are there won't be *any*
link via which one side can fence the other.

Your whole plan may not be entirely sound.

Sorry,
Felix