[DRBD-user] GFS2 freezes

Maurits van de Lande M.vandeLande at VDL-Fittings.com
Wed Oct 31 09:46:39 CET 2012

Hello,

This thread is about a test setup using vmware, I use KVM and I do not know how to setup fence-vmware. (But I think others do)

In a production environment I recommend the following:

1)	With a two node cluster, fencing is a bit tricky I have had some network connectivity error's resulting in both nodes trying to fence the other node. Therefore I recommend setting up a second dedicated "hardbeat" network. (two corosync rings). This second network does not need to be expensive network equipment. When using network bonding, use the bond it selves for the corosync ring, not a vlan (like bond0.10) bonding and vlan is not always a stable combination on EL6. (I found out the hard way)

2)	Add a third "witness server" so there should always be two majority votes left in the cluster.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,

Maurits van de Lande