[DRBD-user] Can DRBD do this?

Carlin Hefner carlinohefner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:29:54 CET 2012

Hi all,
I'll shortly be setting up a ubuntu server for a small business with SOGo
(for exchange) apache web hosting and sftp. I'd like to set up a mirror'd
backup at a different office location, so that if the WAN or power goes out
at the main location, a failover can switch to the backup, and it will
pickup where the first one left off.

But it looks like I may start running into problems mirroring over WAN,
such as port security, delays, etc.
Also, what if the failover switches to the backup for some reason without
the primary server going down? The secondary server can't be accessed
unless it looses connection with the primary, right?

Thanks in advance,
Carlin