[DRBD-user] IO Error Logging

Andrew Eross eross at locatrix.com
Fri Oct 5 20:16:36 CEST 2012

Hi guys,

I'm trying to debug a SSD drive that's the backing device for my secondary
node.

The primary/secondary are sync'd (protocol C) and everything goes fine
until I get to testing fail-over, e.g.on the primary "drbdadm secondary
drbd-sr1", and on the secondary "drbdadm primary drbd-sr1".

When I do this the secondary locks up for about 5 minutes (SSH session
drops) then it starts responding again and I see drbd has now dropped into
diskless mode.

I'm thinking there might be IO errors occurring with the underlying disk
and perhaps drbd is automatically detaching it.

Right now I'm running badblocks on the backing device and seeing if it can
find any problems.

In the meantime I've been trying to figure out how to get more information
about IO errors from drbd.

My devices are configured with "detach" as recommended (
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-configure-io-error-behavior.html),
however, I'm not sure how to find out more information about when this
event occurs.

Are there any debugging options I can enable that would help me see IO
error details that caused a detach?

Thanks!
Andrew