[DRBD-user] Performance puzzle

Tor gentoo.linux.dude at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 16:07:15 CET 2012

Many thanks!  I put the metadata on mirrored SSD-disks and it made a
dramatic change in performance - the drop in performace for write size
> 510MB disappeared completely (almost x5 raise in speed).  The peak
sync rate increased from ~25,000 K/s to ~119,488 K/s (yes, I
understand that you dont want that high sync rate on a working
cluster, but now I just want to get them in sync as fast as possible).

I also found this
<http://fghaas.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/internal-metadata-and-why-we-recommend-it/>
when googleing for external metadata, so I suppose that connecting a
battery backup unit to the controller should result in a similar
performance boost - and I have just ordered two such devices to
upgrade my controllers and will have the answer in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Tor