[DRBD-user] Recovering from erroneous sync state

Zev Weiss zweiss at scout.wisc.edu
Wed May 23 22:14:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm running DRBD 8.3.12, and recently hit what looks to me like a bug that was listed as fixed in 8.3.13 -- getting into a state where both nodes are in SyncSource (it's just stuck like that, going nowhere).  Luckily this happened on a test resource and not a live one, so it's not a big problem, but I was wondering if there were any known ways of recovering it without doing anything disruptive to the other resources (e.g. rebooting or unloading the kernel module).

I've tried 'drbdadm down', but it just hangs -- anyone have any other suggestions?  It doesn't really matter to me if it wipes the resource or anything, I'd just like to have my test device back in a working state without disturbing anything else.

Thanks,
Zev Weiss