[DRBD-user] drbd wrong lower device doubt

陈楠 chennan.1986 at 163.com
Fri May 18 09:19:42 CEST 2012

Hi All, I have some doubts about drbd. I have configure two servers as Host A and Host B. Host A drbd configuration is like this:
resource r0 {
        on A {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/vg01/share;
                address 2.2.2.150:7788;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
        on B {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/vg01/share;
                address 2.2.2.151:7788;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
}
and Host B is like this:
resource r0 {
        on A {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/vg02/share;
                address 2.2.2.150:7788;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
        on B {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/vg02/share;
                address 2.2.2.151:7788;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
}
You can notice that Host A and Host B configuration file is not same. Actually Host A lower device is /dev/vg01/share and Host B lower device is  /dev/vg02/share. The specified destination lower device is wrong in each server. Network setting is right . I set Host A disk state to UpToDate and Host B disk state inconsistent. I find that Host A is syncing to Host B.  Why it can work regularly when I configure wrong lower device.