[DRBD-user] drbd-8.3.13.tar.gz

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at fixpunkt.de
Wed May 16 09:37:59 CEST 2012

Am 15.05.2012 um 10:12 schrieb Christian Balzer:

> On Tue, 15 May 2012 09:33:21 +0200 Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
>

>> Am 15.05.2012 um 08:24 schrieb Christian Balzer:
[...]
>> Also I do not know any other interactive init script.
> Numerous ones, like filesystem encryption where you need to enter a
> password.

Human action usually is not HA (high available).

>> The
>> interactivity is really bad, causing more trouble than benefit.
>> Imagine an installation with removed init script, where it is
>> reactivated by an upgrade.
>>
> Stuff like that is always messy, no matter from which angle you look
> at
> it. There usually are ways to permanently disable init scripts,
> though.

You mean the suggested

      # update-rc.d drbd disable

on a Debian system?

I am not sure how the

     update-rc.d drbd defaults

in the Debian package of drbd respects the admins 'disable' in case of
an package upgrade (i.e. apt-get upgrade).

According to Debian policy changes in the configuration of init
scripts should be kept. But the policy is written a little bit fuzzy
there.

I will test in the next weeks what exactly happens.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer