[DRBD-user] a latency problem ( kernel:3.0.13 and drbd-8.3.12 )

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue May 15 14:58:10 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 09:57:10AM +0200, Csurai Akos wrote:
> Thanks your comment Zev,
>
> We are about to elaborate an latency-intensive measurement scenario
> with both default SLES configurations (SLES10 and SLES11SP2)
> and we plan to share the result with this list.
>
> Akos
>
> p.s.
>
> As I reckon 8.2.6 drbd can not be compiled with the 3.0.x kernel,
> and I guess that 8.3.12 won't be compiled with 2.16.x kernel  too

8.3. (btw we are at 8.3.13 now) is supposed to work on all kernels
from sles9 (2.6.5 plus suse patches, I think) to current upstream.

You could post your full drbd config,
and some more details about your IO stack.

Or contact LINBIT or others who setup and tune DRBD setups everyday.

--
: Lars Ellenberg