[DRBD-user] On-Disk Format

Lars Täuber taeuber at bbaw.de
Mon Mar 26 14:31:14 CEST 2012

Hi there.

I administrate a running drbd system, that has some flaws.
There are two SuSE 11.1 servers mirroring 12TB.

Is it possible to migrate to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?

The question is: Will drbd 8.3.11 understand the on-disk format of a previous
8.3.8.1 installation or do I have recreate the drbd and mirror the complete
data again?

Are there other things to pay attention to?

I thought to
* install an ubuntu system on the secondary and synchronize after
  installation
* Make the new system to primary and do the same to the residual
  system.

Thanks
Lars