[DRBD-user] Stack resource. Dual Primary Mode Possible?

David Whiteman davew at supanet.net.uk
Thu Mar 22 13:16:39 CET 2012

Hello,

I am currently working on a highly available NFS service. I would like
to set this up with 2 servers, running RAID 6 and drbd running on top of
the raid device. I can then provide a virtual IP address for the clients
to mount the NFS directories.

This will later be expanded upon where we would need to write to the NFS
storage from another location. Is it possible to have 2 2 node clusters,
replicated by a stacked resource? Is the stacked resource able to work
in dual primary mode?

Here is what I want to setup.

[       Primary        ]<-------------->[       Primary        ]
[Primary]--->[Secondary]                [Primary]--->[Secondary]

Is this possible?

Thanks in Advance