[DRBD-user] Compilation problem

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Wed Mar 14 16:57:53 CET 2012

> On Mar 14, 2012, at 7:07 AM, <zorro at megatrone.ru> wrote:
>> I want to compile drdb-8.3:
>> [root at noc-1-synt drbd-8.3]# ./configure --enable-spec --with-km
[snip]
>> config.status: creating drbd.spec
>> config.status: creating drbd-km.spec
>> fail:
>> [root at noc-1-synt drbd-8.3]# make tgz

As ./configure --help says, the --enable-spec option doesn't create a
Makefile.  It creates RPM spec files.  You don't want to run make after
creating RPM spec files.  You want to do something like "rpmbuild -ba
drbd.spec" , which will build RPMs for the userland part of DRBD.  Repeat for
drbd-km.spec to build the kernel module.  (Really, this is a bit more trouble
than it's worth unless you've got several DRBD-using machines.)

From: Marcelo Pereira <marcelops at gmail.com>
> If you're installing it, why don't you install the latest version (8.4)?

The bugs in 8.3 are well-known, while traffic on this here mailing list says
they're still finding new bugs in 8.4.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows