[DRBD-user] Please help with slow Replication / Syncing on debian squeeze 6.0, 8-disk RAID6

Uwe Schuerkamp uwe.schuerkamp at nionex.net
Wed Mar 14 09:27:41 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 09:01:09PM +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:

> Do they also charge you a data-rescue license fee when your controller brakes
> and you have to rescue the data from your disks with a replacement-controller?

Hi Arnold,

it's "only" RAID6 / RAID60 functionality that's charged for extra, and
I'm not entirely sure the trial license that I used before was to
blame for the slow syncing speed as performance was great with DRBD
*inactive* on the slave node.

All the best,

Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann AG