[DRBD-user] using SSD drives, the TRIM challenge

Maurits van de Lande M.vandeLande at VDL-Fittings.com
Thu Mar 8 11:40:28 CET 2012

Hallo Bart,

I'm using SSD drives. To work around the TRIM challenge I use I RAID controller and only 80% of the available SSD capacity. So I have 20% spare. Which will hopefully give me 3 years of operation. (MLC FLASH)

Drbd get's a fixed disk through the RAID controller.

Best Regards,

Maurits van de Lande

| Van de Lande BV. | Lissenveld 1 | 4941VK | Raamsdonksveer | the Netherlands |T +31 (0) 162 516000 | F +31 (0) 162 521417 | www.vdl-fittings.com |

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com [mailto:drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com] Namens Bart Coninckx
Verzonden: donderdag 8 maart 2012 11:29
Aan: drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
Onderwerp: [DRBD-user] using SSD drives, the TRIM challenge

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone is successfully SSD drives as their backend storage devices. If so, I'm wondering if these drives do no degrade quite fast seen there is no TRIM support in DRBD.

I'm also wondering if can motivate people to help sponsor this feature.
If the group is large enough, I suppose we can get this done for not too much money.

thx!

B.