[DRBD-user] drbd 8.3 - 6 nodes

Umarzuki Mochlis umarzuki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 04:27:26 CET 2012

Pada 5 Mac 2012 7:44 PTG, Felix Frank <ff at mpexnet.de> menulis:

>> but what i did not understand/know, would i be able to make A3 mount
>> disk/LUN of A1 or A2 so A3 can resume A1's or A2's zimbra-cluster
>> service? without drbd, A3 would automatically mount A1's LUN & run as
>> A1 while resuming A1's role via rgmanager
>
> Typically, A2 will assume A1's role in case of failure, using the DRBD
> device.
>
> I'm still not sure how your 3rd node comes into play. For mere High
> Availability, 2 nodes generally suffice. Adding a 3rd one makes things a
> bit harder.
>
> Cheers,
> Felix

maybe i explained it wrongly.

these are all mailbox servers

A1 in case of failure, will failover to A3
A2 in case of failure, will failover to A3
in case of the whole cluster (A1, A2 & A3) failed, manual intervention
via cluscvadm wil be done so services will be available from B1, B2 &
B3 respectively.

A3 & B3 merely acts as standby mailbox servers for A1, A2, B1, B2 respectively.

mailbox storage for A1, synched with B1
mailbox storage for A2, synched with B2
no mailbox storage for A3 & B3 since it will automatically mount
mailbox storage from A1/A2/B1/B2 respectively

i hope i explained it correctly this time. forgive me for my terrible
command of the english language.

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis