[DRBD-user] Problem with stacked resource failing

Brian R. Hellman brian at linbit.com
Fri Mar 2 19:31:30 CET 2012

On 03/01/2012 12:37 PM, envisionrx wrote:
> Hey all, I have a two node single primary with offsite disaster recovery (dr)
> node configuration using stacked resources that I'm having weird issues
> with.  Twice in the last week the primary node stopped responding and I had
> to disconnect/reconnect the dr node to get it working again.  When it fails
> I get the following in the primary nodes logs:
>
> kern.err<3>: Feb 29 20:21:20 openfiler2 kernel: block drbd14:
> [drbd14_worker/7472] sock_sendmsg time expired, ko = 4294966565
>
> There are no relevant log entries on the DR node.
This may be a situation where DRBD Proxy would help, however we'd need a
bit more information to determine that.  Do the logs on the DR side say
anything with regards to DRBD at all?  What is the latency between the
sites? Are you able to trigger this, or do you see a pattern of when it
occurs?

--

: Brian Hellman
: LINBIT | "Your Way to High Availability"