[DRBD-user] sync doesnt work

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Thu Jun 28 13:58:57 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 06/28/2012 01:48 PM, Walter Robert Ditzler wrote:
> yes all volumes didn't sync even when the /etc/init.d/drbd status said
> - Primary/Secondary  UpToDate/UpToDate C
> I just finished to manually copy all devices onto the xen002.

yes, but are they live replicating now that you have completed this task?

You can check by snapshotting the backing device on the secondary, if
you can survive the performance hit for a few minutes. Just mount the
snapshot and examine the data.

> When an /index/is specified, each index number refers to a fixed slot of
> meta-data of 128 MB, which allows a maximum data size of 4 GB.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Is that a typo in the documentation?
Because 128MB of metadata for 4GB of data cannot be right. That should
probably be 4TB there.
If the 4G limit *was* correct, it would explain some things, seeing as
your volumes are each way above 4GB, but again - that doesn't make a
lick of sense.

Cheers,
Felix