[DRBD-user] Parse error an option keyword expected but got fence peer

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Sat Jun 23 03:43:30 CEST 2012

That is an ancient DRBD. I've been using drbd for years (at least 3), and I
don't remember anything before 8.3.7. I'm running 8.4.1 now. Why are you on
such an old version? Maybe the command syntax was different and the messages
are simply correct. I don't know about 8.2, but I do know the documentation
website is segregated into 8.4.x and 8.3.x sections due to command syntax
changes. I may be completely off base, but if command parsing is throwing
errors, maybe your configuration is invalid. You didn't post the entire
config file (Although I don't know what was or was not valid on that old
release).

I don't think this will help you much, but there's always hope! (Hope that
you'll try a more recent drbd - then I CAN help you out).

Of course, some other users may be familiar with that version and help you
without you having to  install a current version. I believe 8.3.13 is the
recommended level.

Dan