[DRBD-user] DRBD fsync() seems to return before writing to disk

Shaun Thomas sthomas at optionshouse.com
Wed Jun 20 16:43:40 CEST 2012

On 06/20/2012 08:58 AM, Phil Frost wrote:

> Maybe I was too verbose, so I'll rephrase more briefly:

I think the problem here is that you didn't provide your DRBD config.
For all we know, you did this:

disk {
   no-disk-barrier;
   no-disk-flushes;
   no-disk-drain;
   no-md-flushes;
}

Which is an explicit no-no and would definitely break fsync. But I also
give you this from the manual:

http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/re-drbdconf.html

"Unfortunately device mapper (LVM) might not support barriers."

That leaves you with either flushes or drain as the fsync method. Since
you don't have a BBWC, you must have at least this option enabled. Then
we can talk.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534