[DRBD-user] Corosync Configuration

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Jun 13 09:26:45 CEST 2012

On 06/12/2012 08:23 PM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>> Don't use crossover cables.. In my experience use crossover cables for two
>> > node cluster make only problems... use a simple switch..
> Why would a setup with 2 cables and a switch be more reliable than just a
> single cable? That doesn't make sense.

Uhm, I don't think that was Eduardo was suggesting.

Someone on this list (Digimer?) has made a good point some time about
switches allowing for better forensics in case of link problems (i.e.,
the switch can help you identify the side with a faulty NIC/cable).

On the other hand, a switch introduces one more (two really, counting
the extra required cable) possible point of replication failure. I've
never had negative experiences with back-to-back connections either.

I believe it's a matter of preference these days.

Cheers,
Felix