[DRBD-user] Syncer's "after" dependency for online verifying

Lionel Sausin ls at numerigraphe.com
Thu Jun 7 12:12:59 CEST 2012

Le 01/06/2012 17:50, Lars Ellenberg a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 12:03:20PM +0200, Lionel Sausin wrote:
>> Dear DRBD community,
>>
>> We're using DRBD 8.3.11 with 2 resources called A and B.
>> B is configured to sync after A, but when I run "drbdadm verify all"
>> both resources start verifying immediately.
> That is intentional.
>
> In error scenarios, you do not have much control over when a network
> fails/recovers, or a node reboots.
> So there we have dependencies to not overload the system
> with too much parallel resync activity.
>
> For verify, that is entirely triggered from userspace,
> you have full controll.
Thanks, I see the point.
There is still a slight problem for us: if a resync becomes needed on B,
it has to wait until the verification of A is done.
Could DRBD be made to immediately start the resync on B, and maybe
cancel A's verification?
> (...)Besides,
> now that we have the dynamically adaptive resync rate controller,
> and it is used for verify as well, for most cases I'd recommend
> to enable it globally, and get rid of the resync dependencies.
Totally - that's just what we did and it rocks.

Lionel Sausin.