[DRBD-user] Read Balancing Broken in 8.4.1?

Shaun Thomas sthomas at optionshouse.com
Mon Jun 4 15:45:00 CEST 2012

Hey guys,

During our testing with DRBD 8.4.1, the final round included seeing if
the read balancing would be any good. Unfortunately it appears to cause
intermittent "Resource temporarily unavailable" errors, no matter what
protocol I use. Least-pending? Round-robin? 32K-striping? Instant
filesystem problems. Prefer-local? Everything is fine again.

The weird thing is that this is a system where we've failed over to the
second node several times, and the second node checks out. Clearly DRBD
is working properly, but the read balancing feature just fails outright.

I can provide further details if this isn't a known problem. I just
wanted to see if I was the only one seeing this. Google wasn't really
helpful here.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534