[DRBD-user] DRBD - one half of Proxmox cluster miscommunicating

James Gibbon james.gibbon at virgin.net
Tue Jul 31 17:54:48 CEST 2012

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:21:14 +0200
Felix Frank <ff at mpexnet.de> wrote:

> On 07/31/2012 05:19 PM, James Gibbon wrote:
> > Is that right?
>
> Yes.
>
> I'd still consider losing the split brain resolution option.

Many thanks, Felix. This has all been a useful learning experience
as well as a problem resolution resource. I'm going to run the fix
shortly.

One last question: why does /proc/drbd on the broken node show as
"UpToDate" in /proc/drbd? Is that because it's a primary, and not
able to communicate with the other side, therefore it's entitled to
consider itself current?

But provided it doesn't attempt to impose its version of "UpToDate"
on the other half, I'm safe.

James

--
James Gibbon <james.gibbon at virgin.net>