[DRBD-user] DRBD - one half of Proxmox cluster miscommunicating

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Jul 31 15:27:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 07/31/2012 03:23 PM, James Gibbon wrote:
> OK - thanks again. Since the master is already up and running,
> I'm hoping that the broken secondary box isn't going to get
> promoted - is that a reasonable assumption?

it's already promoted. Hence split brain. It's not an issue though.

It's easy to mix up "in primary role" and "source for resync". The two
are largely independend. In your setup, you need not even demote your
split brain victim.

> 1. fix network config on server2 and reboot it
> 2. server2 # drbdadm disconnect all
> 3. server2 # drbdadm secondary all
> 4. server2 # drbadm connect --discard-my-data all

Actually:
1. configure the DRBD IP correctly
2. drbadm connect --discard-my-data all

Should do the trick.

Again, the single most important thing is to be 100% certain you're
discarding the right dataset (i.e., the one on your "second" node).

HTH,
Felix