[DRBD-user] DRBD - one half of Proxmox cluster miscommunicating

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Jul 31 15:03:22 CEST 2012

On 07/31/2012 02:49 PM, James Gibbon wrote:
> Can someone tell me what the "become-primary-on-both" part means? I'm
> fairly anxious to ensure that the second node doesn't attempt to become
> primary when its restarted as its data will be out of date..

It does what you assume. The initscript will promote either node upon
booting. This will cause split brain if connection isn't established first.
Please note that there are other ways to start DRBD besides the
initscript, notably pacemaker.

I only just noticed this: You do have a dual-primary setup. I shall
assume this is for live migration purposes and/or mixing active LVs
among peers (i.e. in one VG, each peer has a couple of active LVs. I
believe you need cLVM for that).

You'll have to ask your predecessors about the specifics I'm afraid ;)

HTH,
Felix