[DRBD-user] Slow Reads on VM - Xenserver and DRBD

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Thu Jul 26 03:41:07 CEST 2012

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:46:09 +0200 Phil Stricker wrote:

> - Slow overall performance of the raid-array:
> I cannot reach more than 450 MB/s on the array (LSI 9260-4i, 8x Intel
> 320 160 GB SSD). I see 450 MB/s in a Raid10 setting and I see 450MB/s in
> a Raid0 test setting. That is crazy!

a) The controller you're listing has only 4 ports. Typo or are you using 2
of them?

b) Boot into a Live CD (the Debian one has bonnie++ in it) and run tests
from there to exclude any Xenserver influences.

Regards,

Christian
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/