[DRBD-user] crm-fence-peer.sh & maintenance / reboots

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Tue Jul 24 17:00:56 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Dirk Bonenkamp - ProActive
<dirk at proactive.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble with the crm-fence-peer.sh script and maintenance /
> reboots.
>
> I have a simple Master / Slave set-up with 1 resource. Without the
> crm-fence-peer.sh and crm-unfence-peer.sh scripts activated, things work
> fine. When I reboot the master, the slave gets promoted, all good. When
> I enable the scripts, the slave no longer gets promoted when the master
> is rebooted or is put in standby mode. This error is in the logs:
>
> CRIT: Refusing to be promoted to Primary without UpToDate data.
>
> The error kind of makes sense, but before the reboot the data was
> UpToDate/UpToDate.
>
> The scripts work fine when I unplug the data connection between the
> nodes. The location constraint is added when I unplug the cable and is
> removed again when re-plugging the cable.
>
> Am I missing something here?

I'm not sure if you are, but we are. We're missing information about
your DRBD and Pacemaker version, and your DRBD and Pacemaker
configuration, specifically. Please collect and pastebin that, and
follow up on this thread with the URL.

Cheers,
Florian

--