[DRBD-user] Slow Reads on VM - Xenserver and DRBD

Phil Stricker stril at gmx.de
Tue Jul 24 14:08:29 CEST 2012

Hi!

One Problem is solved:
The extremely bad read-performance in the VM is gone away after the downgrade from DRBD 8.4.1 to 8.3.13!!

Now, I can see "normal" values for write _and_ read operations!

There is just one problem left:
The setup "xenserver <-> LSI9260 <-> 8x SSD" is too slow! I can just get about 450 MB/s - no matter, if i set it up as an Raid 10 or Raid 0!

Did you ever see something like that?

Thank you
Phil