[DRBD-user] Removing DRBD Kernel Module Blocks

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Sun Jan 29 15:03:25 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 04:19:54PM -0600, Andrew Martin wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>

> >> Jan 26 15:44:14 node1 kernel: [177694.517283] block drbd0: Requested
> >> state change failed by peer : Refusing to be Primary while peer is not
> >> outdated (-7)
>
> > This is odd. I don't think DRBD should attempt to become primary when
> > you issue a stop command/

And it does not. It is the *peer* that is "refusing" here,
hinting to "self" that I should Outdate myself when voluntarily
disconnecting from a peer in Primary role.  Which is then done.

That is an intended side effect if you care for drbd fencing (fencing != dontcare).

Not an error, but intended behaviour.
And it has nothing to do with module unload.

--
: Lars Ellenberg