[DRBD-user] changing protocol on the fly

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Sun Jan 29 01:20:38 CET 2012

Is it possible to change the protocol (from B to C) while the drbd device is open and in use?

The way I expect it would work (if it worked at all) is this:

. take secondary down
. change both primary and secondary configs from B to C
. drbdadm adjust the primary resource
. bring secondary up again

Taking the secondary down while making the change on the primary would avoid the situation where the primary and secondary have different ideas about the current protocol.

Thanks

James