[DRBD-user] drbd and 10Gb/s network how to increase syncer rate beyond 100MB/s?

Maurits van de Lande M.vandeLande at VDL-Fittings.com
Fri Jan 27 14:35:30 CET 2012

Hello,

I have a couple of servers with SSD based raid arrays (capable of writing 550+MB/s to the disks). And a 10Gb/s network (HP NC552SFP network adapter HP E8206 network switches)

Before installing the 10Gb network adapter the syncrate was limited to around 102MB/s (1Gb/s?)
After Installing the 10Gb network adapter it was still impossible to get more than 102MB/s sync rate between the servers.
I would like to have a 300MB/s sync rate. When I set this as a fixed sync rate in my drbd84 resource file I noticed that this value is ignored and 102MB/s is used.

How can I increase the syncer rate in drbd84?

Best regards,

Maurits van de Lande

| Van de Lande BV. | Lissenveld 1 | 4941VK | Raamsdonksveer | the Netherlands |T +31 (0) 162 516000 | F +31 (0) 162 521417 | www.vdl-fittings.com<http://www.vdl-fittings.com> |