[DRBD-user] (no subject)

Pascal BERTON pascal.berton3 at free.fr
Wed Jan 25 14:24:38 CET 2012

Oren,

AFAIK, DRBD doesn’t support snapshotting natively. Therefore, if I’m
correct, you only have 2 ways to achieve what you intend to do :

-          Setup an VG/LV structure on top of your DRBD resource and make
use of the LVM snapshot facility. Beware, I’ve read many articles mentioning
that write performances were dropping down severely in that case. Don’t know
if it’s still the case
 Google a bit to check that point.

-          Use snapshot features of your storage array, providing it is able
to do so

Best regards,

Pascal.