[DRBD-user] First DRBD attempt -- HELP pls

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Jan 23 10:04:02 CET 2012

Hi,

On 01/23/2012 01:34 AM, Trey Dockendorf wrote:
> Using drbd84 gave the same "Can not open backing device" with exit code 10.
>
> The strange part is these systems are identical in every way except
> their volume groups are named after their hostname.  The drbd setup is
> identical also as I'm using Puppet for that too.  Any advice on how to
> troubleshoot or resolve this ?

so you got a hung sync on your first try? Ugh, dreadful. Kudos for
staying aboard despite this.

First thing is to check your kernel output (dmesg, kern.log or similar)
for more details. Please share a meaningul excerpt with the list (i.e.,
do another "drbdadm attach all", then paste the new log entries).

Regards,
Felix