[DRBD-user] Dual-primary to single node

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Jan 17 18:56:02 CET 2012

On 01/17/2012 12:32 PM, Luis M. Carril wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      Ok, the fencing and splitbrain mechanisms only enter to play when
> both nodes meet again after some failure.
>      So... meanwhile the nodes doesn´t connect their peer they disallow
> IO to the volume?
>
> Regards

No, if both nodes go Standalone and Primary, both will allow access to
the underlying storage, which results in a split brain. Fencing kills
one of the nodes (either the defective one or the slower one) preventing
it from changing it's underlying storage.

PS - Please reply to the list. These discussions help others later when
they are in the archives. :)

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron