[DRBD-user] Dual-primary to single node

Andreas Kurz andreas.kurz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:42:01 CET 2012

Hello,

On 01/13/2012 10:59 AM, Luis M. Carril wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I´m new to DRBD and I think that I have a mess with some concepts and
> policies.
>
>    I have setup a two node cluster (of virtual machines) with a shared
> volume in dual primary mode with ocfs2 as a basic infrastructure for
> some testings.
>    I need that when one of the two nodes goes down the other continues
> working normally (we can assume that the other node never will recover
> again), but when one node fails
>    the other enter in WFConnection state and the volume is disconnected,
> I have setup the standar set of policies for split brain:
>
>     after-sb-0pri discard-zero-changes;
>     after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
>     after-sb-2pri disconnect;
>

>   Which policy should I use to achieve the desired behaivour (if one
> node fails, the other continue working alone)?

these policies only take affect if the two nodes see each other again
after a split-brain and if you loose one node it is correct behaviour
that the remaining node has it's DRBD resources in WFConnection state.

What do you mean with: "volume is disconnected"? How do you manage your
cluster? Pacemaker? rgmanager?

Without any further information on the rest of you setup and what you
think is not working correct it's unable to comment further ...

Regards,
Andreas

--
Need help with DRBD?